[un]necessarily angry.com

[un]covered

April 27th, 2007

[un]covered

I'm not particularly fashionable. Just not my thing. I don't really understand when colors "clash" and when they don't. Nor do I care much about that shit. But I do know what I like and what I don't like.

Hat Example Here's something I don't like. I have nothing against hats or caps or head coverings or whatever you happen to like to call them. I do, however, HATE shit like this.

I'm standing on the subway and this kid is wearing his brand new baseball hat. Or maybe it's not so new. Dunno. It looks new, because he has chosen to leave the gold sticker on the brim of the hat. And we'll pause for a moment as people say "That's hip-hop, man. That's how people wear their hats now." And I'll say "That's stupid shit."

I don't understand why someone would want the world to know that their hat is An Authentic New Era hat, size 7 and 3/8ths, from the 59-Fifty collection. Should that mean something special to me? Because it doesn't. As it turns out, it's just a hat. It's not something that a little gold sticker is going to make special. It's not like a little gold sticker is suddenly going to impress the ladies, or the fellas, or whoever the hell you think you're trying to impress. All it does, is make it look like you're too stupid to take the sticker off of your new hat.

Baseball hats are meant to shield the sun out of your fucking eyes, not impress people. If you don't want to bend the brim, that's fine, I can understand that, it's a comfort thing, it's how you like to wear your hat. I like to bend my brim, but I'm not gonna hate on someone who doesn't. But I just can't comprehend what would possess someone to think that a gold sticker will, in any way, make their hat cooler or hipper or tougher or... I don't know, I can't think of why someone would do that. Do you leave the sticker on your t-shirt that says "(M)" for Medium? No? Then take that stupid shit off of your fucking hat.

12.43.39.pm, by unnecessarily angry
Categories: Straphangers, Pedestrians, Mini-rant, Apparel / Fashion

Trackback address for this post:

Comments, Trackbacks, Pingbacks:

Comment from: Aj [Visitor] Email
Oh wow. 59 fifty's are to be styling !
PermalinkPermalink December 16th, 2007 @ 19:06
Comment from: New Era [Visitor] Email
Your a fucking idiot. The reason the tags are left on, is so the hat can be proven authentic. With there being many cheap knock offs out there, your sticker is your way of proving authenticity. The new era hats can be QUITE expensive, so you would want people to know. Its like asking people why they want Louis Vuitton written all over there belts!
PermalinkPermalink December 18th, 2007 @ 05:59
Comment from: Dave [Visitor] Email
lol. i leave the sticker on just because it pisses people like you off. Why should you care whats on a complete strangers head?
PermalinkPermalink December 24th, 2007 @ 12:03
Comment from: dru [Visitor] Email
your a jackass.
PermalinkPermalink March 12th, 2008 @ 22:10
Comment from: PissedAndPetty.com [Visitor] Email · http://PissedAndPetty.com
I couldn't agree with you more. That shit drives me nuts. The "authenticity" explanation only makes it worse.

I wrote a similar piece here:
/2008/04/14/your-5950-hat-
why-the-sticker-sucker/
PermalinkPermalink April 14th, 2008 @ 20:39
Comment from: Airborne Grunt [Visitor] Email · http://www.redbubble.com/people/paratrooper
I think the hats look retarded. Why would you want someone to know you wear expensive stuff? Why? I choose function over fashion. I wont lie, I look very unfashionable. I wear the same desert boots i wear to work. My flight jacket is green, nylon and ugly. My baseball cap has velcro patches all over it and a US flag on the front. But on the other hand... I'm warm and dry, dont have to worry about getting my shoes muddy and the hat is in itself a fashionable item in my work. Whats the obsession with gangsters? They are nothing more than home grown insurgents and should be treated as such.They wouldn't last 20 minutes in a combat zone. People wear some stupid shit these days. Loose pants... wear a belt, jackass. You look like a clown, and you shoot like a retard.

Paratrooper, Brother, Son,Proud Veteran and Concealed Carry For Responsible Citizens Advocate.
PermalinkPermalink December 14th, 2008 @ 14:21

This post has 114234 feedbacks awaiting moderation...